Onkyo TXSR501 and Klipsch Synergy 6

Schwimbo

Yes... I would say the receiver would have no problems at all with the speakers. I run an Onkyo TS-SR500 (the older version of the 501...) that also does 65WPC... and I'll say it gets plenty loud. I am running KG-2.5's as mains and surrounds, which have a 93dB sensitivity... and I think the Synergy System6 is around there in sensitivity... so the receiver will have no problems driving the speakers to very loud levels. The lower level Onkyo receivers are suprisingly good despite the low cost... they sound good and have the power as well.

I have the 501 and the sf-2 speakers. And the receiver is razor sharp clear at all volumes. It get's pretty loud my brother has the onkyo 500 it seems to be a bit smoother sounding but with less power. Even though they are rated the same. I think it is because their is an extra channel that i don't use and it is rated at both channels driven. So more power goes to the other channels. Plus i was on the onkyo web site and they said they increased the size of the power supply and added a hum plate and other things to make for a quieter amp. Alot of people knock certain brands but truthfully they really don't know how an amp sounds if they only listened to it for a month. It takes several hundred hours to break in any component. So to answer your question it would work fine. I had my reciever for over two months easily and it still is being broken in. A good tip leave it on for a month. If you turn of solid state equipment it takes two hours to charge your amp to get it up and running smoothly. Check out oddyssey amplifier web site and they have a tweek and tip section on burning in your amp.

• 4 weeks later...