KLF-C7 for sale

t-man

I'm selling my C7. It's black, and it's mint. I have the original carton and packing materials for it (I am a picky owner who saves everything). No scratches, just perfect - smoke free home. Would prefer local Chicago area pickup, but I will ship in the original carton. Best offer at or over $400 takes it, plus you pay shipping.

email me at: troykruger@juno.com

Thanks,

Troy

I have a KG 2.5v that's been sitting in the closet. I'll use that, but when I get my projection system finished I won't be needing a center. All the experimentation I've been doing with Wide screen projection and such all lead me to the conclusion that I don't need a center channel and that it's more trouble than the benefit. A properly mixed soundtrack on a 6 foot wide image flanked by towers on each side produces perfect localization of sound and dialogue in phantom mode.

your comments about not needing a center should cause an interesting debate.

I do have a center and tried the phantom mode.

preferred the center in place.

my center sits right in front of my RPTV on a homemade stand.

sounds great and would not give it up.

Benn there, done that debate years ago...

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=13229&forumID=69&catID=19&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={D3EBD9E0-2CEB-4743-9CE9-7C843153BC28}

Use this information and then add the fact that my plan is to use my system with a 6' wide screen, it may become apparent that I am definitely onto something. I understand this may not work as well with an RPTV or other TV, as I also have first hand knowledge of this fact. It is clear to me that there is a difference once your screen gets larger, and the center channel just doesn't really cut it as well as phantom.

just a little debate here.

a friend at work has a front projections system ( uses a Zenith pro model ).

his screen is a whopping 10' diagonal. thats big.

anyway, uses a Def Tech speakers. very large powered ones for mains and a powered center. evern has powered rears.

the sound is great.

something this wide needs a center to anchor the sound correctly.

still, disagree with your choice.

try'n to figure out how I can use your C7 in my setup.

you mentioned that you are in the Chicago area.

I live on the southwest side.

A center rear comes to mind but I currently only have a 5.1 setup.

All subjective opinion, I guess. I'm sure having your mains properly triangulated at the sweet spot is also critical to phantom use. Of course sitting in the sweet spot is also best. All I can say is what my own experimentation tells me in MY room, with MY setup, with MY ears. Of course, you could come to Palatine and listen to it for yourself. Just bring your own C7 with you as Mine is packed up for the new purchaser. My KG 2.5 center should be a good match for my KG 5.5s anyway to compare.

T