How to shield the subwoofer

cpudoctor23

I have the subwoofer that came with the 5.1 Ultras. I had it below my TV and there is crazy interference, I heard that there are a ton of magnets in the sub, is this true? And is there a way that I can shield it or something like the satellites are? will it do damage to my laptop if I keep it underneath my computer desk instead? Or do you have any suggestions for where it should go?

I'm not familiar with the sub you have, but if it's of any size, then it's probably a safe bet that there are some big honkin' magnets in there.

Personally, I try to keep all unsheilded sources of magnetic fields away from anything computer-related. Remember, your hard drive is a magnetic device, and although I doubt that the field would be strong enough to erase it, it's possible that it could degrade it over time.

David

• Like 1

My HT computer sits between an SVS and a Heresy. It's about 3 inches from the SVS woofer. Been like that for over a year and a half. Nada problems, although I did consider it when I first placed it. I figured it would be an experiment, so far no failures.

-mkl

• Like 1