OT: Mission Speaker Corp. and Martin Logan

Has anyone heard of these ppl? i was in the mediajukebox forum and this perseon said that he could not hear a difference in teh EQ. I told him that cheap speakers could be the culprit and suggested Klipsch ProMedia's. He said that he had really nice speakers, infact, that they were Mission Speakers. I have never heard of these... what are they, like compared to Klipsch Paradigm and AR? Price wise, are they expensive for what you get? They are not impressive by the looks or by the specs from whati have seen. Also, what is the deal with Martin Logan speakers? are they great? I have heard that they are the very best, they are very expensive. What is a "electrostatic speaker"? They brag on tehm.. Is this why you dont see the speakers? Just a ggiant grill? HOW DO THEY DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cwm42.gif

------------------

-justin

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I can only partially answer the last question. An electrostatic speaker is a speaker that vibrates a sheet of metal back and forth. Unlike cone drivers, the whole thing moves in and out, unlike a speaker with a voice coil. The metal sheet is suspended between to magnets of equal charge, and when one is charged with electricity it is more powerful than the other and pushes the sheet in that direction. If someone knows I'm wrong about this, please correct me. I would like to say that although I have not heard martin logans, I know they aren't the best. I have read about these http://www.audiorevolution.com/equip/wattpuppy6.0/index.html

hmm. this is a very volatile topic to talk about

anyway.. first of all, it depends on a person's budget, then his taste and preferences, then what type of system he has .. and his environment..

hmm. mission, i guessed that is a hifi brand speakers.

should be a UK brand and bought over by DENON. saw the mission speakers in the website of DENON.

but speakers are very subjective to a person's preferences... for example, u might not like the sound of mission speakers, i might like it..

and of course, the system involved also plays a major parts of giving the sound a characteristic of its own

martin logan is very very expensive at its high end model, not mistaken at US 85000 a pair of its electrostatics speakers. i have not heard the sound but its has a class of its own.. it is not for us to say whether it is good or not....

but one thing for certain, the quality will be there.

hmm. btrigg,

are u refering to an article based on Wilson Audio Watts & puppy speakers??? expensive speakers too... but very nicely done... as i said before, this high end speakers makers produced speakers that have class own their own.. so the same pair speakers might sound different on a different system.

• Like 1

Hey I'm basing what I said on what I've read. the guy who reviewed the wilsons said that they were the best speakers in the world and that they sounded better than a 70,000 system he listened to. Thats hard to believe, but I am not one to say he is wrong.

• 1 month later...

this is just an update...

my cousin is very well off... well his family is, he is only 16, a year younger to me. well i went out to his house, it had been about a year, only to find his new home theator made of Martin Logan! Oh oh oh.... it was a sweet sweet sound.

It is an amazing setup, not to dis klipsch, i own my own klipsch, this thing really is in a class of its own, especially with the like 1,000,000 price tag on teh complete system.

i was just truly bewildered by this system. They look really cool and the ceter is massive. I am gonna get some of those when i win teh lotto!

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy.

Email Amy

IM Amy

Or pick up that phone and call right now Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

-------------------------

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

you know, i had'nt really thought about that but now that i look back, you're right.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy.

Email Amy

IM Amy

Or pick up that phone and call right now Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

-------------------------

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!