Tangent 50's

Never seen nor heard one, but:

You have selected a Klipsch Classic product. The two-way Tangent Series Tangent 50 floorstanding loudspeaker was first introduced in 1989 and manufactured by Klipsch until 1991. While no longer in production, Tangent 50 model loudspeakers are still owned and listened to by Klipsch fans around the world as part of two-channel audio and home theater surround sound systems. To connect with other people who are passionate about audio and interested in Klipsch Classic products, visit one the several Klipsch Classic areas on our open forum bulletin board. Less

FREQUENCY RESPONSE:

44Hz-20kHz±3dB

SENSITIVITY:

98dB @ 1watt/1meter

POWER HANDLING:

150 watts maximum continuous (750 watts peak)

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE:

8 ohms

ENCLOSURE TYPE:

Bass reflex via passive radiator

DRIVE COMPONENTS:

Two-way system using one 1" (2.54cm) phenolic diaphragm compression driver tweeter with a 90°x40° Exponential horn, three 8" (20.32cm) front-firing, fiber-composite cone woofers and one 12" (30.48cm) rear-firing, fiber-composite cone passive radiator

TWEETER:

K-82-K 1" (2.54cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver

HIGH FREQUENCY HORN:

90°x40° Exponential Horn

HF CROSSOVER:

2200Hz

WOOFER:

Three K-5-K 8" (20.32cm) Fiber-composite cone actives / KD-12 12" (30.48cm) Fiber-composite cone passive

DIMENSIONS:

36.25" (92.1cm) x 14.2" (36.1cm) x 12.25" (31.1cm)

WEIGHT:

58 lbs. (26.3kg)

ENCLOSURE MATERIAL:

Medium density fiberboard construction (MDF)

FINISHES:

Walnut

YEARS BUILT:

1989 - 1991

There you go Jon, take a look at the post "Connecticut Cornwalls".

You're only 4 hours from there.

Come listen to mine if you want. You'll have to stay out of the Khorn room though, it will spoil you! Seriously, I have the Cornwalls set up with my new (to me) 299A and the system sounds awesome. Come on up!

Greg

I would be hesitant about a crossover @ 2.2kHz. Also the 3 8" woofs strike me as strange. They probably sound very good compared to many, many other speakers, though. Actually, they kind of look like a precursor to RF-7's. I think I read something about them being made for PX sale primarily.

Wow,

Greg was right...this is an highly active forum.

Thanks, I saw the listing on Ebay and was curious.

I currently have a Sansui 6060 and some Sansui Sp-2000 speakers and I am ready for the waltz into tube gear and thinking of Klipsch for new speakers.

I'd like a tubed receiver with a quiet phono stage.

gotta do my homework....

Jon

• 6 years later...

I Happen to have a nice pair of Tangent 50 WO with Dark Walnut finish. All orig. xcept The passive 12" have been changed out

to "electrostatic" 12" passives with almost 2.5 inches of extra throw, therefore allowing bass response to drop to close to subsonic wilst using a quality amp . I power with Telefunken Tubes 100w rms/mono/tuned and have pre and post 8 channel Fischer EQs.

Got all my T50 Tangents (4pcs.) from Stockholm Swap Meet in 1989 ..... ( US Army Surplus Sale )

I am willing to sell the matched pair with "as is " finish ( minor scratching, minor fade ) for $100usd each ...... or ;

Refinished Walnut Vaneer (factory grains) to your liking for $125 each.

Will Ship anywhere from Thunder Bay, ON as far south as the Panama Canal .......at your expense and my Insurance.

For Mental Pleasures ... Play Ozzy'z " No More Tears " and Imagine it at triple decimal decibals with almost NO THD as your ears bleed.