What would be a good sub for my RF-35's

companion

----------------

On 1/20/2004 5:34:36 PM companion wrote:

Are there any sub's that have the same performance as the 25-31 pc plus for less money or is that about as cheap as it will get for a good sub

----------------

I think the only thing is DIY. Before the intro prices on the Stryke site went up, you could have pieced together a finished Thunder 12 enclosure with an AV12 and PR's but it's not as economical any more.

----------------

On 1/20/2004 7:23:01 PM DaddyDee wrote:

I'd recommend the Cambridge Soundworks P1000 or P500. I've got the 1000 and it is killer. It also has remote control, very handy and can be dialed in for your system in an easy setup.

----------------

To be honest, if the P1000 has a price/performance ratio like the P500, I'd look elsewhere. I'll be upfront and say I haven't heard the subs and this is based purely on 3rd party measurements so some will say "measurements can't tell you how a sub sounds" but when you consider that the $800 P500 is the 8th from the bottom in a list close to 120 subs doesn't make me feel confident that the P1000 will be good.

Nousaine list