SVS

JBP

----------------

On 1/21/2004 5:27:06 PM klipschomatic wrote:

This is not an SVS forum, it is a Klipsch Forum. With the amount of SVS stuff in this section of the forum I am beginning to wonder how many of you guys are on their payroll?

The Klipsch subwoofers are designed to go with Klipsch speakers, same driver types, same design philosophies. When you look at the Klipsch subs, they are intent on creating a design that can keep up with the high efficiency that Klipsch speakers provide. Otherwise you end up outrunning the subwoofer with your fronts. Sure you can go to some tube sub, but then those are all about output. I would highly recommend going with a Klipsch Sub with Klipsch speakers, they are designed to go together.
1.gif

----------------

This is a powered subwoofer forum and we're talking subwoofers so stop complaining. I get tired of these thread's, they seem to pop up every few months. You tell me where it says that we can't talk about other brands. SVS has gained popularity because they offer subwoofers with high output, great extension, and verifiable low distortion all at extremely reasonable pricing.

Rob,

I feel cheated...I have to get 15 clients before I get my free SVS3.gif.

Klipschomatic:

It just so happens that the sound of SVS subs integrates extremely well with the Klipsch Reference series (and most Heratige Series as well, I've been told). That is one reason why you read so much about them here. I would have purchased a Reference sub if Klipsch had both: made one powerful enough to fill my 7000cu-ft room to reference level , and made it as affordable as an SVS.

Jerry Rappaport

Thank you for your recommendation, but I think I will stick with SVS.

As it was said the SVS seamlessly blend with the Klipsch reference series. I am very happy with my SVS as I am sure anyone else would be.

I enjoy reading about SVS on the Klipsch forum as I enjoy reading about many other things other than Klipsch on the Klispch forum.

So thank you for your recommendation but sorry I won't be looking at Klipsch subs anytime soon.

I have been around for a long time, but dont post much.

I have a question.

What message does it send to you about Klipsch when they let you talk, sale and push forum members and viewers into using another co.'s product on the Klipsch web site?

1. That klipsch is so "big" that the sales lost to this are so small that it does not matter.

2. That Klipsch thinks that the other co.'s product is better.

3. That Klipsch does not know this is going on.

4. That Klipsch is such a confident leader in the industry that they can hold to their "open forum" policy even if they may loose some sales.

----------------

On 1/22/2004 1:39:26 PM heyu wrote:

I have been around for a long time, but don’t post much.

I have a question.

What message does it send to you about Klipsch when they let you talk, sale and push forum members and viewers into using another co.'s product on the Klipsch web site?

1. That klipsch is so "big" that the sales lost to this are so small that it does not matter.

4. That Klipsch is such a confident leader in the industry that they can hold to their "open forum" policy even if they may loose some sales.

----------------

I think 1 and 4 are true.

Guest Anonymous

Frankie,

I appreciate your offer in getting the B4-plus working just right, today the top tech from Tweeter is coming over to install the new equipment and move the sub again, hopfully making it sound right. I will let you know either later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again

Smilin12.gif

----------------

On 1/22/2004 1:45:59 PM fabulousfrankie wrote:

----------------

On 1/22/2004 1:39:26 PM heyu wrote:

I have been around for a long time, but don’t post much.

I have a question.

----------------

I think 1 and 4 are true.

----------------

Number 5 Profit margins are smaller on the subs and most of the SVS owners own Klipsch as well.

Number 6 On the Klipsch forum SVS owners participate in recommending Klipsch speakers and their feedback is valued by new comers and seasoned audiophiles

----------------

On 1/22/2004 1:56:56 PM smilin wrote:

Frankie,

I appreciate your offer in getting the B4-plus working just right, today the top tech from Tweeter is coming over to install the new equipment and move the sub again, hopfully making it sound right. I will let you know either later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again

Smilin
12.gif

----------------

Not a problem, let me know how it goes. It's pretty obvious that room acoustics are to blame, all SVS' are made with a flat response so if it's not flat anymore it's due to the room(which is expected unless your HT is an anechoic chamber). Didn't you get purchase the Rane eq along with the B4?