Receivers under/around $500

Just1n20

If you read my dvd recommendation post you know why i'm looking around. on that note im looking for a receiver and i'd prefer more power the 65wpc and i'd like to have one that is THX Certified and so i came up with the Onkyo TX-SR701 6.1 THX EX for $480 @ eCost.com, but since THX receivers run above the budget i have, i'll deal with it. i also looked at Denon AVR-2802 for $499 @ 6Ave.com, and at the lower power level i found the Harman Kardon AVR525 with 70wpc @ pcmall.com for $459. I'm leaning towards to Onkyo because i have an onkyo and i like the way it sounds. i'm open to suggestions.

also, think i should say screw the receiver/dvd player idea and ago with Klipsch RF-35's for better stereo w/ music? so many things to buy1.gif

Well u got lots of choice around $500

Denon 3802(people who major recommend this here), Pioneer Elite 43TX(THX cert which u may want? but what for? Nothing to do with it even I have this reciever, sound's more important this way 9.gif )

HK 525 as u said...... and some yamaha that I'm not familiar with(others may give u more clue about this)

I'd definitely go for any of those instead of Onkyo...... perhaps I had bad experience with an Onkyo in my uncle's house half year ago.

check out yamaha.com they have a great comparison chart for all their models, so you can see power and options at a glance. also has MSRP that gives you a gauge for cost. figure couple hundred off MSRP for street cost or do a search online for sellers. even ebay has'em

Just, I would not be a bit concerned with the wattage from

Harmon/Kardon. Their receivers are very clean power. There was

a post which showed the actual output from receivers compaired

to the claim wattage. H/K are very formitable amps. Not to offend

anyone but I would take an H/K receiver rated at 70 wpc over Sonys

rated at 100wph.