Marantz PM7200

grebetis

I have a Marantz PM7200 amplifier and I need to match it with a set of Klipsch speakers. I do not have much of space so I am focusing on the RB series. Has anyone here matched any of these products? Which RB would you consider the best for this amplifier?

Thanks for your help!

1.gif

Welcome aboard...

This may seem like a dumb answer... but the most expensive ones you can afford would be a best match.

Speakers are really the most important component in an audio setup... so spending more here will bring you the greatest return. Klipsch offers an excellent price/performance ratio across it's entire line... so go for the most speaker you can, budget and space permitting.

Rob

PS: you should avoid cross posting, as it's not considered good form... 2.gif

Some additional information on room size and the amount of space you have available for the speakers might be helpful, as well as the type of music you listen to.

However, I own the PM 7000, which is the same as the PM 7200, only in black. I have the amp paired with RB-5's, since I do most of my listening nearfield with this set up. So far, the RB-5's have proven to be a great match with the Marantz. I love the low end that I am able to get out of the RB-5's with this set up. Rock and jazz are the two primary genres that are played on this set up. I'm looking to see how a few classical LP's that I have do on this system.

Thanks for your answers! 1.gif

I was expecting that the RB75 would be the best speakers, however cost is double than the RB35 which I was considering as the best solution in order to stick with my budget...

The room is approximately 5m x 5m and the music I 'm listening is mainly rock and ethnic.

Thanks again.

PS. Sorry for the cross posting

The PM7200 has a great feature to switch to Class A which is the Ideal way to run the Klipsch.

A 5 X 5 m room and an interest in Rock Hmm..not sure if th RB series would give out enough Bass ..especially at low volumes.. the RB75's would be the best, Better to try to put them closer to the backwall & Corner than usual. YOu should be able to experiment to get the position right.

Ideally try to get in a Broken in pair of Demo pieces to test this out..

Hope this helps..

Cheers