New Denon

willjam

I have a new Denon DVM-4800 DVD Player/Changer connected to a Denon AVR-3300. For DVD-A does the unit need to be connected to the 5.1 inputs on the receiver or will the 5 channel audio play through the optical cable. I have a SACD player that is currently utilizing the 5.1 jacks actually they are the EXT jacks on the receiver. I cannot seem to find the correct answer in the owners manual.

Hey Bill - If you want, you can get a couple of A/V switches from Radio Shack that let you switch between 2 VCRs - 2 in, 1 out. There are 3 inputs per "VCR" - 2 audio and 1 video. You could hook 3 of the 6 cables from each source unit into each of these and then use them to switch between your 2 players.

Hi Doug, it has been a long time since I have been on the forum. It great to hear from you. That is a wonderful suggestion. I should have done my homework, but I had a burglary and my Denon DVM-3300 was one of the items taken. The DVM-4800 is its replacement, so I really did not do much research. This new player has some added features over the old one.

Bill J.

Always wondered about that - would there be a problem with 2 line-level outputs being connected together?

I've always wondered this too, but have never had any problems in the past...I think the only time a problem might occur is if both devices were on and running at the same time?