Newbie starting out

mandi

Well, I had some Heresys a long time ago and will be getting another pair next week. I am limited on budget so I am ebay shopping. Right now I have

Heresy II that I will use as my main L and R

Paradigm PS 15 for my sub

My room is 25ft wide and 20 feet from the wall with the TV to the back but the listening/viewing area is really designed for only one corner of this space about 20 wide and 14 deep. The rest of the space is open.

So I guess my question would be

1. what would I use for rear/surround (thought about another pair of Heresy)

2. What do I use for my Center speaker that I would like to put on top of a TV cabinet.

Thanks for any and all help

----------------

On 1/26/2004 8:02:16 AM mandi wrote:

I really want a center that will go on top of the entertainment center. I am really pushing it putting "four boxes" as the wife puts it, into "her" living room.

----------------

Sorry, my last post wasn't really very helpful to you. I'd start with another pair of Heresy II's on the rear. Set the receiver to phantom center, and if your fronts are well-placed, you may find you don't have to deal with getting a center. I've been very pleased with the way my Heresies place the dialog on the characters. Naturally your preferences may differ, but hey, nothing to lose by trying it out. 1.gif

I run a KV-3 with my Heresy II's. I just posted the other day on a simular question, how "goofy" a kg-4 or Heresy would look on top of a TV. So Sunday, when I goes to Smilin's, what does he have on top of his 65" RPTV, but a frickin' verticle Cornwall! Oh.. hi, smilin. 6.gif

Somehow now, a KG-4 or Heresy don't seem that bad.16.gif