Frzninvt - your NAD T163

Tom Adams

The Outlaw 950 did not appeal to me at all, I looked at it briefly but did not consider it. After being disappointed with the B&K Ref 50 for which I had done a fair amount of research I decided to ask the most questions that I could since alot of the pre/pro's I was considering were not on the showroom floor anywhere near me. I am extemely pleased with the NAD T163, it had everything that I wanted especially a tape monitor function and to my suprise dual subwoofer outputs and bass management to boot. I have been using it a couple of weeks now and must say I think I made the right choice this time. I did look at Adcom, Fosgate, and Rotel as well. I think the Athem and Aragon units were out of my price range for what I wanted to spend.

Thanks Frzn. Looks like I'll be adding the T163 to my pre/pro list since it falls into my budget (i.e. cheap bastid 2.gif). Ha - it just occured to me that one of my first pieces of serious stereo gear was a NAD tuner and a NAD integrated amp. I think the amp was like 25wpc. But with 3db of headroom, that was plenty for my Heresy's.

BTW, did you buy from a local dealer or on-line? I did a search and the nearest dealer to me over 4 hours away.

Tom

I got it from a local dealer, well kind of local, I had to travel about 15 min., take a 20-25 minute ferry ride and then drive another 5-10 minutes. No wait that was for the B&K, I had him UPS it to me and I had it the next day. Got a great deal though, I got it for $1300. Very easy to setup, I don't like the remote much, pain to program, I just use it to select sources and control the volume so I really don't care. Performance and sonics are easily equal to that of the B&K Ref 50. It also has some cool two channel listening features like EARS.

Try yawaonline.com, they are an authorized NAD dealer. They have the T163 for $1499 but I thought I read where thay will TRY to work with you if you find a cheaper price even if it's from an unauthorized dealer. I'm guessing that means they may not exactly meet the unauthorized price but may lower theirs from MSRP. Just guessing.

Please let us know if they do work with you.

1.gif