Tweeter height of RB5's on speaker stands

Jonathan

The speaker stands yet at the moment dont exist. After measuring the height of my ear off the ground, when I am in a sitting position, and then puting the tweeters of the RB5's at that height, I end up with RB5's on 30 inch speakers stands and the overall package being just over 47 inches tall. My question is that on many of Klipsch's floor speakers the height overall of the speaker is many times less than 40 inches. In the case of the KLF-10s they are 38.75 inches which would put the tweeter a bit below that. SO, how important is it that the tweeter be at ear level? Not vary? or does it just have to be near ear height? Could I get by with shorter speaker stands? I cant say how they sound on stands, yet, since the stands are still on the drawing board. That is why I am trying to find out the near perfect height for the RB5's. Thanks

I put my RB-5II's on 24" Sanus speaker stands and they are the perfect height when listening in the seated position for me. They look "right" at this height as well. At first I felt I needed taller stands as well but was glad I went with the 24" for a balanced look.

Sounds interesting. I am going for a balanced look as well. And I dont want them too far up there that they get excessively tippy. Were you able to fasten them to the stands in any way? Im inventing some sort of bottom clamp idea for the top of the stand and the bottom of the speaker, but im not sure exactly how to do it.

I have the Sanus Steel 24 inch with lead shot filling in my sysytem for about 2 years on the HT rig.

It makes it near ear level. My couch is a bit low perhaps.

Coupling of the speaker in a robust fashion to the floor is perhaps more important than tweeter height.

I like my RB-5 sound better than RF-3 for that reason.