How much Space do you need?

mandi

My living room is 20 by 30, oriented in the long directiion and not really centered. Will this room handle 2 Cornwalls, 2 Fortes, 2 Heresys and an Academy center channel? I hope so because that is what I plan on having in it by Sunday as long as the weather is okay Sat..

The next question is, if I really do not need all that (I know, it is really not about need at all) what should I sell? If I just kept the center and four speakers which would be the four to keep?

Let me think - umm - yes!

I think your room is plenty big enough to handle all that. Hell, I got a full Reference 7 package crammed into a 14x15 foot room, backed up by some serious amplification (7 channels/200 watts/channel). To much? - Nahh 11.gif.

How do you plan on setting that up - is this all going into one HT setup? Here is how I would do it. Cornwalls for the main fronts - Acadamy for the center, Fortes for the side surrounds and the Heresies for the rears. Would be a nice 7.1 setup 9.gif.

Just curious, what do you plan on using for pre/pro and amplification. Also curious what you plan on using for a subwoofer (if you have/getting one, even with the Cornwalls, I'd recommend getting one for at least the movies, espeically given the size of the room).

That is exactly how I was planning on setting up and using all for HT.

I have a Paradigm PS1000 for my sub and I am using a Pioneer VSX811S. Any recommended changes would be nice but you would not believe what it took to get this hallpass for the speakers so any other change will have to come slow and without a sound. If either one of those components changed my SO would not even notice it. She things I am nuts (probably am).

----------------

On 1/30/2004 6:45:05 AM mandi wrote:

Any recommended changes would be nice but you would not believe what it took to get this hallpass for the speakers so any other change will have to come slow and without a sound. If either one of those components changed my SO would not even notice it. She things I am nuts (probably am).

----------------

I'd say you are all set then. If there is one change, at least for the near future, would be to get something a little better than that Pioneer - at least move up to the Elite line, but still, the reciever you have now should work nicely.

Beyond that, you should be golden. True, in the future, it would be nice to move up to the K-horns for fronts and LaScalas or Belles for center/surrounds, but that is a bit more outlay in expenditure, and if you had to go through hell and highwater to get what you got now, I'd hate to think of trying to get a pair of K-horns past the SO. 6.gif

I agree with most a room that big would show off a set of fully horn loaded Heritage series such as La Scala's, Belle or Klipschorn. I would submit though that my La Scala's do pretty well in the small room they are in. You may also want to look at a Yamaha RX Z or RX V series rcvr. Ay any rate it should sound great....I am jealous!;(

Jim

16.gif

I am picking up the speakers in the morning and we should have STYX playing by 2pm,,,,,AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I cannot wait. I hope I am not disappointed! Everything is used and there is always that possibility, but I have faith and I know it is going to work. Everything will look and sound great. I have all of the wire set so all I have to do is place the speakers and crank up the tunes. I wonder if I can get a disturbing the peace call on the first night? Superbowl party at my house in 7.1.

main - Cornwalls

Surround - Fortes

Rear - Heresy II

Center - Academy

Sub - PS1000

Are there any women that get the excitement? I do not know if I will sleep tonight!!9.gif

----------------

On 1/30/2004 6:16:43 PM mandi wrote:

I am picking up the speakers in the morning and we should have STYX playing by 2pm,,,,,AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I cannot wait.

----------------

Oh yeahh - STYX! Sweet! Let us know how it all works out. We are all sitting on the edge of our seats with baited-breath just drooling over every detail of your new setup 9.gif. 11.gif

Seriously, let us know it all works out. I have a feeling that you will not be disappointed, barring any equipment failures (since you did indicate that they are used - but speaker failures, especially with regards to Klipsch, are pretty rare, if the seller took good care of them ).

----------------

Superbowl party at my house in 7.1.

----------------

If you are in any part of Virgina from D.C. to Richmond, or even Maryland, I am game 9.gif.

I think you can't reason to a decision. You have to listen to them and take into account placement.

For example. The CW (mains) and H (surround) are very similar and should be a good sonic match. So keep the Forte for a bedroom or den 2 channel.

OTOH, you may like the Forte as floor standing surrounds because they are taller than the H.

Your center is to valuable to ditch.

Gil

YES! Everything SOUNDS great but the best news is EVERYTHING looks good and the wife likes THE LOOK!! She could really care less about the sound but did admit that it sounds alot DIFFERENT than the BOSE. Different!!!!I just do not understand , but I will take any seal of approval I can get!! MAN she is probably going to make me turn them off tonight. I hope it snows next week and they call off school!!!!!3.gif9.gif2.gif