Just bought the Paradigm Seismic 12 Sub

Jabez Scratch

Hey, I own enough Klipsch so I don't feel too bad posting this on the forum.

The Seismic 12 is pretty amazing. Tight but powerful. The passive radiators on the sides pulsate almost violently during explosions in movies (e.g. the mine field explosion scene in Finding Nemo is fast becoming my standard calibration scene). The radiators then stop moving in a flash -- it almost defies the laws of physics. It's a very compact cube. I have a Klipsch KW-10 and they are almost exactly the same size, except the Seimic weighs literally twice as much (~35lbs v. ~70lbs). This is the type of bass I've been looking for: tight and accurate w/ a nice gutteral thud.

The PR is doing what it's supposed to, stopping and starting that quick. When it gets right down to it, really not much difference between a port and a passive radiator. With the air pressure forces generated inside (and outside) a sub for that matter, doesn't shock me at all that a PR that weighs from 1-3kg can be made to stop and start in a fraction of a second. The Stryke FAQ on passive radiators is pretty good at giving the basics on the subject.

http://www.stryke.com/prfaq.htm