Suggestions

swells

I am looking at buying a new HT receiver. I have found a couple that should be suitable for my needs as far as options and price range, both are last years model and are 5.1. I wonder if I can get some insight into overall quality and which would be the best performer when it come to music.

- yamaha RXV530

or - denon AVR1603

Don't skip looking at ROTEL or NAD. ROTEL is some very nice equipment--it just doesn't have all the bells and whistles of some of the Japanese stuff, but would you rather have good simple gear that sounds great or be able to have audio options like "Jazz in a cave that seats 40 people" or "rock inside a moose lodge".

I myself have the Pioneer Elite 49tx and I love it, but I NEVER have listened to any of the 30 different audio enviorment options, and when I bought the unit it was the only receiver that could do THX-ULTRA2 or full 7.1. I would have gladly traded those unessesary audio options for a purer sound--my NAD receiver from 1985 sounds better in 2 channel than my pioneer ever could..

----------------

On 2/5/2004 8:32:42 AM markmaple wrote:

I was very happy with my Denon AVR-1602 and am very happy with my newer AVR-2803. I have no experience with the Yamaha receivers but have read that some people think are too bright when paired with Klipsch.

----------------

I'm one of the people who find Yamaha too bright with Klipsch. There are others who like it.