Fortes II's for sale in Wis.

neergan1216

Hi members:

Selling my nice Forte II's, only to raise funds to pay dental bills. Very good condition. The main issue is a repaired rear passive radiator. Very minor wear on edges, one top corner has a small ding. These are oiled oak cabinets. Made in 1990, serial mumbers 900019157 and 900019158. Looking to get $500, what I paid. I'm located on east central Wis. and am willing to deliver within 100 miles. These will be going on Ebay in a couple days if no response.

Regards,

Den

Den,

I am very interested. I also live in Cheeseland (Racine). I have been looking at Fortes and Heresy's on ebay. Do you have any pictures? $500 is fine if the cabinets look nice and acoustics work.

What about the radiator repair? What was done? I'll plead ignorance. Would anyone out there please comment on what I need to know?

Thanks. Hopefully, we can make a deal.

Hello:

Attached is a photo of the repair I took for my Ebay ad. I'll send more separately because my modem isn't capable of a large file transfer. The radiator is a solid repair. It's fine since it's only the passive and not a driver. They sound really excellent. It would be great to meet somewhere around Fond du lac, maybe an exit off Hwy 41? I'm available anytime.

Regards,

Den

post-13974-1381925199385_thumb.jpg

pulmoguy,

Welcome to the forum. Too bad you didn't make the Milwaukee area get together last weekend. Next time!

Listen, the passive will cost you about $65 to replace. It is very easy to install. If you can change a light bulb you can do this. My first pair had a small tear in the passive and, after some research, I concluded it was best to replace. You can repair, however, but either way it's a minor deal. If you buy them, e-mail me and I'll fill you in on the particulars. Forte IIs are great!

The parts dept at Klipsch are great. I called today and inquired about Chorus II parts. They had everything I could want in stock including cross-overs etc. It is nice to know we can replace anything on these heritage speakers. The passives for my speakers were $58.98 and anything over $50.00 includes ground shipping.