WANTED !!! Looking to buy speakers to match my Black KLF 30's

Vettemanfrom1973

I am trying to find KLF C-7center and KSW-300 sub. Not sure about the rears.

I have been told that the KS6's are a good match but when I built the house I put banana plug jacks in the ceiling at the rear of the room so that my rears would face the sweet spot. The Ks6's are bi-polar and I am assuming I should be looking for di-polars with this set up.

Not in too big of a rush as I am borrowing a friends KT- center until I find my C-7 and my Paradigm PS 1000 is tolerable, those KLF 30's kinda overpowered my old stuff!!! 1.gif

Jonathan

I believe KSP S6's are considered dipolar. For what they go for on the used market, they're not really worth it. The speakers were not designed specifically for the KLF Series so I wouldn't get hung up on purchasing them for surrounds. I'm sure you could get away with some RS-7's instead, or go for a pair of KLF 10's for the rears.

Welcome to the Forum Jonathan!

The KSP-S6's are often used with the Legend series because there were no matching surrounds built for the Legends. Many people use the WDST S-6's with Legend speakers and claim great results.

The S-6's are neither dipole or bipoles. They more closely resemble bipoles in that they fire in phase. Dipoles fire in opposing directions out of phase.

The Reference series surrounds should work nicely with your KLF30's. I haven't heard them used together personally, but that is probably the suggestion you would get from Klipsch. They will not recommend a speaker to you that is not currently available.

A pair of S-6's would probably cost you less than either a pair of KLF-C7's or another pair of Legend floorstanders. You might keep an eye on E-Bay.

Good luck to you!

Keith

There are 2 KLF C7s on ebay. 1 is almost at the end of it's time, I think it is a black one. The other has around 3days left and is mahogany. The black one is around $365 for now and I think they are closer to you then the one in Atlanta. I own KLF 20s and a C7 that I have enjoyed very much! If you can not get one of these be patient more will show up on Ebay.

Good luck

Xman