All-Weather SA-3's?

Once I get my Yamaha M-4 amp fixed Smile.gif I plan on hooking it up to some outdoor speakers on my covered porch at my new home. I was wondering if anybody has these speakers or has heard them before? They have an 8" woofer and a square Tractrix horn. I will be pushing 125 w/ch thru them and I would think they would kick a$$. Smile.gif I did a search on all the forums and no mention of this speaker. Anybody know anything?

As usual, thanks in advance...

Mike

I have a pair of HS-2s installed on my patio...while no match in dynamics and transparancy for my k-horns they do a very respectable job of providing background music out there...on accasion they can be played fairly loud for parties...mine have been suffering from a wierd problem: they cause my adcom amp to shut down whenever I turn them up to real butt-thumpin´ party levels...however, they have a good balance between lows and highs...good imaging and detail...better than the bose outdoor cubes I had before...regards, tony

Mike:

I recently installed SA-2's in a "Florida Room" at home and hooked them up to a 10 year old JVC Pro Logic receiver (100w x2) playing in 2-channel mode. I open the windows on the Florida Room and the sound is wonderful in the back yard...really cranks! The problem is the wife doesn't see why we should invest in SA-3's for the deck now...

PhilH

Mike,

Sadly, I think my M-4 might be a harder fix. The left channel goes out intermittently...I actually have not had time to see if the problem might be with my Onkyo Integra pre amp. On the bright side...all the lights on my M-4 are working! FYI I had my M-4 hooked up to Infinity speakers as well.

Dave

Thanks for the "Sound Advice"!

Thanks, avman! As soon as I build up a little extra cash, I will definitely be getting them. I will be doing the pre-wire this weekend...

Mike

------------------

Family Room

-----------

Denon 4800 AVR

Panasonic DVD-A7

Dual CS-721 Turntable

DBX 3bx Series III Range Expander

Klipsch Epic CF-2's (mains)

Klipsch KLF-C7 (center)

Klipsch RS-3's (surrounds)

SVS 20-39CS Sub w/Samson S700 Amp

Bedroom

-------

Yamaha M-4 Amp

Yamaha C-4 Preamp

Yamaha T-7 Tuner

Teac DVD Player

Looking for a pair of Heresy's

Probably the best way to get a handle on the sound of SA-3's is to understand they are almost the same as SB-3's but designed to go outside. The tweeter dome is titanium rather than the aluminum used on the SB-2 cause titanium is impervious to oxidation while outside. Aluminum is good but oxidizes in really harsh outdoor conditions. Never a problem inside.

Got Bass? ;-)