subwoofer match w/ klipsch heresy's

evilfrito

Hey I was wondering if anybody could recommend a powered subwoofer that would complement the classic heresy speakers nicely. They sound great but I think they are lacking just a little bit at the very low frequencies. I want low freq performance that is really good for music, especially. Is the rw-12 a good choice? Help please! Thanks

My two channel setup has utilized the KSW12 in conjunction with the Heresies and it has been quite nice. I tune the sub so that it just makes its presence felt which happens to be where it seems to blend best - it simply sounds like the Heresies. Turn up too loud or set the cross-over too high and the sound quickly becomes disjointed and you are better off without it.

I've used the Cambridge Soundworks P1000 with my LaScalas and found it to be more than satisfactory. It is also highly configurable from a control unit which can be placed on an end table or in your equipment rack. I thought it a nuisance to get down on my knees in the corner to make adjustments, which need to be done with surprising frequency.

You can dial it in to pick up where your heresy's drop off. It is quite configurable, such as 180 degree variable phase.

Also has a remote control to adjust volume.

One thing surprising about what a true sub will do... On occasion I would have turned off the main amp and would hear the sub still playing the signal. I mean I would have had it dialed in just right to offer full compliment of bass for the program material. Then when turning off the power amp driving the Scalas, would still hear the sub. I was surprised at how little music it added, but was just right to round out the bottom end.

The Soundworks sub is also available in a lower powered model P500, I think. It may be completely adequate for one's needs.

I've seen alot of these on Ebay, but if purchasing directly from hifi.com, they have a 45 day no questions asked return policy. That would be worth checking out their open box specials online. This subwoofer also has as nice a wood cabinet as I've seen on any speaker.

The RW-12 matches perfectly w/ Heresey's. In fact with the RW-12 the sound of the Heresey's rivals any speaker out there. We all know how the Heresey's highs and mids are but it is lacking down low. The RW-12 fixes this seamlessly with a nice musical timbre as well to the bass. It keeps up with the Heresey's. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another RW-12 for the Heresey's.