RF-7 amp?

MichaelShaffer

Hahaha, how imaginative and visual. But I'm surprised, Scott, about how you think the RF-7's sounded harsh with your 49Txi? No doubt that sounds sweeter than when I had my RF-7's with my 45Tx, but I thought it sounded great. But then, with the Parasound Halo gear, it is like you said...on a hot water bottle on top of a down comforter on top of a heated king size water bed, with a hot girl next to me.

Comparing japanese receiver amps to high quality separates from Parasound will make anyone with ears take the halo over any reveiver no matter how glorified it is.

A large separate power amp drives with ease any speakers you decide to use,has gobs of headroom and slam a receiver amp can dream about.

I finished using receivers when I purchased the Denon 5800 and compared to a Sunfire/ATI 2505n and 1505 setup.It was GAME OVER for the Denon.The efortless and grand sound from the separates has a clear advantages.

If you're just using the RF-7's for stereo use, maybe look into getting one the Adcom 5000-series used. From what I've read, their MOSFETS give them a warmer and sweeter overall sound than the newer 7000-series multi-channel amps. 100-150 watts ought to be plenty to drive the RF-7's.