Opening Control Pod

Krillian Hex

Well, i would say that my first SWS control is somewhat nuked, which leaves me with 2 brand new ones at my disposal. The reason i think they are damaged is because when i turn the knob, the bass levels jump up and down, causing my subs to just sound nasty. And it takes a lot of twisting to get the levels to play normally. So that first one is damaged and working on the second, which is perfect. But i have this strange feeling that it will mess up like the other one.

Now my question is if there is a way to open this control pod and possible clean it. It seems like the contacts may have formed some type of corrution on it because its kinda like what happened to the control pods on the Klipsch 4.1 system before the power button.

So, can someone tell me how to open this thing, if its at all possible. I know klipsch may not agree with this but im not happy at the fact that this thing became faulty in a matter of days. I jsut lived with it, but i made several complaints.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...