FS or Trade B&O cartridge (s)

hwatkins

I was looking to get a spare for my Beogram 1700 and ended up with a very nice deal on two. The real keeper is the MMC 20CL, so that Means I'll part with one of the following:

MMC 20 EN

MMC 20 s R

The EN is original and has quite a few hours, but not abusive nor over the top on hours. Still sounds wonderful. The 20 S is a new purchase and sounds very nice - nothing other than someone's word on low hours. This is the entry level cartridge of the 20 series, but no slouch. Under magnification the needle looks Ok (not a professional look by any stretch)

PM an offer - or a trade option. I prefer to have two cartridges, but will bend to interesting suggestions. Questions welcome.

I think Flip's was, at least partially, responsible for all the Beogram sales in St. Louis in the late 70s and early 80s. Regardless of the lack of respect for these turntables, it was the most reasonably priced and available TT that tracked so lightly during that stretch. It is still easy to set up, maintains integrity on the speed of the platter and I have records that have well over 80 hours that show very little effect from multiple play. If I get a reasonable amount of spare parts, it should be around long enough for my daughter to get rid of at my estate sale....

Also - I recall how well it worked suspended. It was a requirement in a couple of houses we lived in - a few steps in the bedroom would shake the floor in the den, etc.