Just gimme ONE MORE MONTH........!!!

picky

BBB:

Hmmmm...you might just have something there! My basement theater is only about 10.5' x19' (26' at the deepest part) but I've got 24x28 unattached garage! ZOUNDS!!! 11.gif

mandi:

I think the "rolling pictures" you are refering to is simply the dynamic, Flash-based animation I have that comes up when you first enter my site. To see "static" photos that do not roll, simply choose from the selections in the left-hand column of links. I hope that helps.

As for basement sound quality, one must really work to make a basement sound good due to all of the hard surfaces (cinderblock and concrete) and low ceiling. Artto can probably tell you that the average basement is an acoustics nightmare. (Please correct me if I am wrong, Artto.)

The walls are fully studded (2x4) and drywalled and I have built them in front of the cinderblock basement walls. There is also sound blocking material in them so I do not get any reflection from the hard cinderblock back into the room. The ceiling is acoustic (fireproof) melamine foam and sound blocking material which prevents sounds reflection and aids in blocking sound from transferring between the basement and the first floor above and vice versa. I do not seem to have any issues with floor reflection as the overstuffed furniture helps to absorb that. I got lucky there as we have a resilient tile floor.

To sum up, in my opinion, a basement, relative to sound quality is anything but optimal, even after having gone through all of the trouble I have. But, you know what? The end result sounds great to me and my wife, so I consider it a success! Thanks for the good words!

-Picky 2.gif