SVS vs. Klipsch

ballards_law

The SVS PC Plus VS. the Klipsch RW-12? Anyone have thoughts on that? This is the SVS I was looking at: http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_pcplus_25-31.htm

Usage will be for home theater.

Similar price range...a few $100 higher but sounds pretty good. I don't know as much about this stuff as some of you audio nuts out there so let me hear some input. Thanks!2.gif

It not even fair to compare a SVS PC+ to any RW subs,as it will blow them a mile away and ask to whip some more.

I would compare the SVS PC+ to the HSU STF3 sub 1.gif Now we start to talk and in all fairness the VTF3 second revision would be a better match.Or the revised Paradigm PW2200 with the more potent amp.

But a Klipsch RW12,not a chance.

The top two RSWs easily hod their own against SVS down to 30 Hz or so. Below 30 Hz it depends on the tuning and model of SVS.

Most adults do not hear much below 30 Hz. Below 30 Hz it is literally the shake factor that counts IMO. The 85 pound RSW-15 does a good job with the shake factor, but is down in SPL at 20 Hz.

Bill

I had dual SVS Ultra subs driven by a carver TFM75 power amp(capable of 1000W RMS per channel).To guesstimate a Plus or ISD performance is very easy,you substract a few dB's on max output.As extension is the same for the same tuning

On deep bass and for HT use any SVS or HSU VTF3 bests a RSW12,below 31.5Hz.

On 2/11/2004 9:14:54 PM TheEAR wrote:

"I had dual SVS Ultra subs driven by a carver"

Just curious, when did you have that SVS setup... Since on the list you compiled of subs you have owned on 9/1/2003 (its in the "Hey Ear, listen up!" thread) you didn't menton any SVS...or are you just pulling our leg again?

Seems like it would be a pretty big thing to leave out, since its the only SVS you have owned.

Oh yeah, and you sent me a private message with the text:

"I do not own SVS because I purchased all my main subs before I discovered SVS.To silence your pie hole I will buy the B4-Plus and PB2-Ultra in a few short months and will ahve Tom V. from SVS confirm this in the subwoofer section."

That private message was on 12/30/2003.

So come on, do you *really* own any SVS? Have you even heard any?

I had borrowed dual passive Ultras from a buddy,the first revision with the old Ultra woofer.It was around the same time HornEd was experimenting with its dual stacked Ultra setup.

I do not own Ultra subs,as I do not like cylinder subs.Now SVS has box subs I will order the PB2-Ultra and B4-Plus this year when I take my well deserved vacation.

And I never claimed to own any SVS,tried two and since this day I am promoting SVS.If you read the forums and follow them since a few years you would know.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 2/12/2004 3:12:18 AM 007 wrote:

I wonder if SVS is going to make a B4-Ultra. They have been released a new Box sub every few months for a while. a B4-Ultra would scare me.

----------------

A B4-Plus would scare you too3.gif IMHO