Mounting RS35s

Jeff G

I just did something similar with my RS35's this past weekend. I'm in Florida so I have no basement but I did spend a good 4 or 5 hours in my attic. You have to get any attic work done long before Summer shows up around here. It will easily climb to 140F up there. Anyway...I got three, 12 inch locking drill extensions at Harbor Freight for not too much moolah and locked them together and drilled some 1" dia. holes down thru my attic and walls for cable routing. It worked great! Now I'm looking for some speaker cloth to match the living room decor(to keep my other half happy). I have yet to hang the RS35's 'cause I haven't had a chance to listen and determine how high I can go up the wall and still hear them(over my Chorus II's up front). The higher I go means they'll be less visible and therefore the wife will be happier if you know what I mean!

• 1 month later...

When mounting the RS 35 flush against the wall, I assume one cannot and should not use plugs (as they'd extend into the wall), so does one typically just use bare wire, or spades?

Also, the manual refers to the use of backpanel keyholes (or the threaded insert), but does not show where the keyholes are. It only shows the domed rubber feet. Where are the keyholes and how many are there?

My Rs-35s are on their way...just trying to prepare!