Denon 1801

wheelman

actually i take that back i rate it an 8 because i am the second owner. I am becoming very partial to the center channel sound. I used to have a tinny center i do not now. I hope i didn't make a mistake by getting the harman this thing sounds better to me everyday. This pup almost sounds better without the sub on. It has good bass and control. It's got to be the weirdest receiver to set up i have ever encountered. It comes with original box manuel(is that how you spell that?) and remote.

----------------

On 2/12/2004 9:09:20 PM Griffinator wrote:

I'd do it if I had the spare cash. Unfortunately, every last dollar I have right now is being spent on

1) stabilizing the home finance situation, so that I can

2) build inventory and cash-on-hand for my leg of the business.

----------------

Actually it is a good deal it sounds pretty good. I like the way dish network sounds with it. It sounds fuller than my dolby prologic two onkyo 501. Haste makes waste i went and bought another receiver other wise i would be happy with this one. Although i do like the harman better for cd playback.

I am not selling this anymore. I found that i really like this receiver and for the money i figured i would be better off keeping it. I think i may like it better than my harman for different things. I like how the highs are so laid back that it is almost tube like. My harman is almost sounding fatiguing to me now after getting used to the denon. Which i really didn't like at first because of the lack of highs. Now i find i love that sound i can blast it and have it never hurt my ears. I will just keep both their great. Sorry if anyone was interested, but obviously their wasn't thank GOD. The harman has more power and detail. Both are extrordinary for the money used. The best way to describe them is the harman as smooth with excellent detail, and the denon as warm with almost lack of detail. It's their it is just laid back to give you a different sound. It has incredidable depth on radio stations for such a low cost receiver. I put in my Stevie Ray Vaughn dvd and compared. I think i like the denon better for that dvd, because it just seemed for natural and the tube amps sounded more organic and realistic. But the harman was smooth and belted it out with great detail.