Great adhesive for crossover components!!!

jorjen

Found some adhesive that I really am liking for attaching components(caps., etc.)to boards. It does lengthen the assembly process because of the curing time. But if you like doing things cleanly cosmetics wise(i.e. no cable ties, no visible hot glue, etc.)this stuff is GREAT. It is clear, very easy to work with and stronger than hell. I decided after finishing a set of ALK's for my Cornwall's that I wanted to replace the already mounted Solen caps in the Squawker and tweeter circuits with AudioCap PPT Thetas. I grabbed the Solens with pliers after desoldering to pull them from the board and wound up ripping them apart instead of pulling them off, strong stuff. Anyway, try it, I think you may like it. Heavy Duty Welder Adhesive(clear)made by Homax. Comes in a silver tube and I found it at OSH.

Well, great for getting them to stay on, not so great if you ever want to change parts!

My favorite adhesive is Marine Goop. You can handle the board in about five minutes, but it takes 24 hours to cure. However, it really drags out the work. The best all around adhesive is the hot glue from Parts Express. When using hot glue, just remember to scuff up the bottom of the cap with some 220.