Reciever Suggestions

Indians724

Welcome,

Lots of folks here, like HK, Denon, and Pioneer Elite brands............since you work there, just listen and see what 1. fits your budget, 2. is easy to operate 3. and sounds good to YOU!

How do you like the SF 3's? They had them in a store in Muncie, but they weren't hooked up, and no pricing on them..............$$$$.

The best advise is to just pick out the avrs you like in you budget and try em' on your speakers.Don't get hung up on BB discounts unless they have the avr you want,there's plenty online pretty cheap w/huge selection.

The only BB receiver I would buy to power that combination would be the Yammy HTR-5590 (soon to be 5690, I guess - the 55's went on clearance a few weeks ago) - at $480 your cost, it's a hell of a great receiver. (BTW, I used to work there, that's how I know the discounts 2.gif)

That said, I'd also take a look around at some Denon and Harmon Kardon stuff. I think the Yamahas match up quite nicely with Synergy stuff - particularly the SF-3's (nice choice, BTW - that's the only Synergy speaker I'd consider buying)

Of course, you didn't tell us what your price range is.