RCW-5 or RCW-3 In wall surounds???

GRCRYSTYK

Ok guys and gals,...

I must be the odd guy out. I realize and have accepted the limitations of in walls, but have gone with them for not wanting to have stands in walkways, or large surounds mounted on the wall. I just don't have the room. I have been prety happy with the speakers I have now, but will be upgrading to RF7's for the front end, and want to pair up surounds acordingly. I will have two in the wall as side sirounds, and tweo in the ceiling as back surounds. Does anybody have experience with the inwalls, and if so, please share, and well as, what do you all think about the differences between the 5's and the 3's. I may be able to squeeze the 5's in, but I have a spot that is very tight side to side possibly limiting me to the 3's. Any thoughts on amplification of these guys would be a help as well,...I am currently looking at the Outlaw 770,...200 X 7,.....

Ok,..let fly,....

Thanks much,...>>>--->

I have the rcr-3's and they sound wonderful for surrounds, I could only believe the wall speakers would sound better, the only limitation is the wall cavity itself may not resonate as well as in ceiling. If you have a ceiling space I would definately recommend rcr-3's or 5's. 3's timber match better with my setup. A new friend of mine has the rcw's in the wall for rear channel and in the ceiling for surrounds, but I have yet to hear his setup.

----------------

On 2/19/2004 9:44:14 AM Groovie wrote:

the only limitation is the wall cavity itself may not resonate as well as in ceiling.

----------------

I looked on Klipsch.com - the in-wall speakers appeared to be sealed enclosures to me. Am I hallucinating? The last thing I'd want is a wall speaker that depends on my (extremely well insulated) wall cavity as a resonating chamber...

oops, not much experience with the in walls, I only remember reading a post about the fact that the ceiling speakers would sound better, maybe because the wall speakers were enclosed in a very small encloser, not sure, again out of my bailiwick. I can only attest for the sound of the rcr-3's, which sound great, maybe I will get a chance to here the rcw's at my buddies house and give you a more educated opinion.

Thanks guys,..

I have Home Theater Direct in walls right now. I have to say, I don't have an absolutly killer sysyem as some do, but they sound really good. I just want to match up with the 7's as best I can without having to remodel half the house in order to do it. I really want to run the Outlaw 770 for the 7's but I don't want to punch in wall speakers out of their sockest every month either,...I'm in a fix, and not sure how far I can push the in walls,....

>>>--->

Guys,..Thanks again for your input. Groovie, have you had a chance to listen to your friends system?

I really need some input on the power handling of the in walls. Anybody been there? I know there are a limited number of these around for many reasons, and I have been having trouble coming up with enough info to make a solid decision. Looking at the balance between the Rf7's and the RCW5's, the scale is tipped hard to the 7's. Anybody in the speaker mathematics circle, that can speculate the effects of the Outlaw 770, at 200 rms on the RCW5's?

I may have to take a deep breath and just go with it, due to recent WAF conversations,..;) Ha! Not a total lost cause, but close, real close,...and all but beating a dead horse. So,..Give a shout if you can, I appreciate it, and thanks all one more time,....

GRCRY,...>>>--->