How can people call Klipsch bright?

KAiN5 (banned )

In regards to the PIONEER ELITE 49tx, and the pioneer elite line in general, I've been told by several people that B & K as the amp, with the Elite as the Pre/pro is a very nice sounding combination. I haven't heard it yet, but most of the people that I heard this from I trust. One of them being Josh Lehman AKA DocDVD from www.digitalaudiovideo.com (I got my Elite from his group buy). He's recommended this combination to quite a few people on the Pioneer 49tx forum, and all have been quite happy.

I'm sure that the B & K amp would also sound quite nice with the higher line DENONs as well.

SPEAKER WIRING CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN HOW A SPEAKER SOUNDS. I USE Z2 TIME CORRECTED MONSTER CABLE ON ALL MY SPEAKERS AND MY SYSTEM SOUNDS AWESOME.I BELIEVE A SYSTEM IS AS GOOD AS ITS WEAKEST LINK AND GOOD SPEAKER CABLES MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE

HITACHI 51" WIDE SCREEN

YAMAHA RXV3300

MITSUBISHI DVD PLAYER

RF7-FRONTS,REARS,AND REAR CENTER

RC7-FRONT CENTER

MONSTER CABLE Z2-ALL SPEAKERS

MONSTER POWER-5100

SAMSUNG HD BOX-DIRECTV

XBOX

AUDIO AND VIDEO CABLES-MONSTER CABLE THX

----------------

On 2/19/2004 5:57:11 PM SteelerFan wrote:

----------------

On 2/19/2004 4:22:35 PM Bruinsrme wrote:

Put a set of rf7s on a pioneer 49txi and you will understand. At high volumes it can be ouch to the ears

----------------

The same can be said about Yamaha. Ok at low levels, quickly becomes painful at high volumes.

----------------

i can attest to that with my yamaha reciever. I can't even reach half volume before it is ouch to the ears.

----------------

On 2/20/2004 11:06:14 PM wheelman wrote:

Even though they (Infinity's) are fatiguing i liked them quite a bit. I actually miss them at times for their highs. But they did actually give me a head ache. They were the newer versions with the ceramic metal compound deal or something. They were the entras.

----------------

Ah ha! That could explain it! The Reference 2000 series had silk tweeters and some kind of polymer compound for the woofer drivers. The result was a pretty laid back, warm, smooth sound. The 2000.5s that I had were quite nice speakers, especially for the $400 I paid for the pair. Like I said above, I kept them for 6 years before getting the Klipsch. I may have to go to eBay and see if I can get the rest of the set to setup as a second HT down in the game room.