How can people call Klipsch bright?

KAiN5 (banned )

I was listening to the pod race scene at a VERY VERY high volume and it sounded absolutely amazing. It sounded very live and as if I was in the middle of all those pods blowing past me. It did not sound harsh or anything like that. My question is how can people consider this sound as bright? Maybe the system they heard was not setup correctly?

My question is how can people consider this sound as bright?

Based on the known fact that most of todays listening public has the windows of their car rattling from over powered bass and RAP, can you see why when they hear something close to live music it comes across as foreign? If most would clean the sub. wax out of their ears they just might enjoy some pure sound. The way I look at it is "their loss".

----------------

On 2/19/2004 4:22:35 PM Bruinsrme wrote:

Take the rf7s put them on a parasound halo system and the 49txi as a preamp and you will hear less exaggerated highs, better mids and more powerful lows.

----------------

Same thing if you put them on a B&K Reference system with a Denon AVR-3802 as a preamp. 9.gif. However, with the Denon, I did not experience that brightness, though.

----------------

On 2/19/2004 6:00:05 PM arthurs wrote:

I've also found no matter what the pairing you can find some who say it's smooth, some who say it's bright, some who say it sounds great, some who disagree....hard to overcome individual taste....

----------------

I disagree.

Sorry, couldn't help it.3.gif

I own my elite 43TX and soemtimes it happens when I turn the volume high. It just happens to some of the violin at high pitches......... Well people don't hear much about violin solo tho(me neither). At the orchestra scale they performed fine(maybe the disk's problem, didn't own too much violin solo musics).

Yeah you ever heard infinity speakers. They are so fatiguing to my ears i can hardly make it through an episode of the simpsons with them. You have a really good receiver for your speakers that really sweetens em up. CC Sakura my klipsch sf-2 sound amazing on violin solos. That's truly what struck me in awe and i am not a huge fan of that type of music but it is nice to have speakers that inpire all kinds of music

----------------

On 2/19/2004 10:41:10 PM wheelman wrote:

Yeah you ever heard infinity speakers. They are so fatiguing to my ears i can hardly make it through an episode of the simpsons with them. You have a really good receiver for your speakers that really sweetens em up. CC Sakura my klipsch sf-2 sound amazing on violin solos. That's truly what struck me in awe and i am not a huge fan of that type of music but it is nice to have speakers that inpire all kinds of music

----------------

You are using similar reciever/amp or??? I believe they won't have the problem with different recievers/amps because I knew Elites are little brighter than Denon or HK. Well I'll look forward for a warmer amp once one more upgrade on surround speakers 11.gif

----------------

Yeah you ever heard infinity speakers. They are so fatiguing to my ears i can hardly make it through an episode of the simpsons with them.

----------------

Yes, I have. I have a pair of the older Reference RS2000.5's. I never found them to be fatiquing, and I listened to and watched a lot of things on them. That was basically what was in my system the 6 years prior to me upgrading to my current Klipsch based setup. I actually thought they sounded quite nice, and I still have them downstairs in my game room, hooked up to my old Yamaha R-V702 reciever. Stiil, my Klipsch RF-7s blows them away - big time! 9.gif

I find Klipsch to be brighter than some other speakers, like Paradigm. However, the brightest setup I've ever heard was a B&W and Yamaha system. My wife told the guy to turn that off so we could listen to the Denon/Klipsch system again. She said, "That one's just too...'tinny' sounding." I said, they call that bright.

Personally, I like the timbre of Klipsch. I find them bright enough to bring out subtle details, but not fatiguing.

$0.02,

John

I also think that the degree of "brightness" depends a lot on the listening room size and conditions. MY Klipsch Refenrece based HT is in a big family room, which is in fact a worst possible scenario for having a Home Theater, since this room is "open to above", has irregular shape and lots of openings to other rooms and kitchen area. Denon AVR3803 is driving my Klipsches and the resulting sound is in fact quite warm. A few months ago, when Tweater still carried Klipsch speakers, I walked onto one of their smaller demo rooms and was very displeased with a very bright sound coming from ...Klipsch RB-5s driven also by Denon AVR3802. The sound was very aggressive. But the very same RB-5s serving as my surround speakers sound very neutral to warm in my house. The only logical conclusion i was able to make was that the room acoustics were the key factor there: that demo room was rather small, with low ceilings and untreated walls that reflected the sound very actively.

----------------

On 2/20/2004 12:14:25 AM ccsakura wrote:

----------------

----------------

You are using similar reciever/amp or??? I believe they won't have the problem with different recievers/amps because I knew Elites are little brighter than Denon or HK. Well I'll look forward for a warmer amp once one more upgrade on surround speakers
11.gif

----------------

Yeah i am using a harman kardon avr65 and i have a denon 1801. Both are very nice for my setup. I just can't figure the one i like better probally the harman.

----------------

On 2/20/2004 12:20:30 AM skonopa wrote:

----------------

Yeah you ever heard infinity speakers. They are so fatiguing to my ears i can hardly make it through an episode of the simpsons with them.

----------------

Yes, I have. I have a pair of the older Reference RS2000.5's. I never found them to be fatiquing, and I listened to and watched a lot of things on them. That was basically what was in my system the 6 years prior to me upgrading to my current Klipsch based setup. I actually thought they sounded quite nice, and I still have them downstairs in my game room, hooked up to my old Yamaha R-V702 reciever. Stiil, my Klipsch RF-7s blows them away - big time!
9.gif

----------------

Even though they are fatiguing i liked them quite a bit. I actually miss them at times for their highs. But they did actually give me a head ache. They were the newer versions with the ceramic metal compound deal or something. They were the entras. They had more presence than klipsch. I like my klipsch better but something about those infinitys rocked to. They could pound with out any distortion amazing for just one six inch woofer in a tower. I did not like the center however at all. Especially when watching a vcr tape like apocalypce now. It sounded like a tin can. I even upgraded to the bigger entra center not much of a difference. I played them everyday for a month pretty much non stop. I would like to hear them again to see if my taste has changed. Very good on live dvd concerts much like klipsch. Hmmm