Another day in maternity.....

maxg

Well yesterday my daughter Dezzy got her first, first-cousin. Wife's brother Tryfon and his wife Theoni took delivery of young Andreas at about 11:15 am by C-section.

Neat way of doing things - babies look much less squished this way - and none of that mad middle-of-the-night dashing to the hospital!!! (Ah memories!!!)

Anyway junior and mother both doing well. Nothing like perusing 34 new borne babies to put things back into perspective....

DSC00008.JPG?dc=4675460586281476430

Maybe time to wet the babies head?

Lets call the Horns bar open again and drinks are on me....(makes a nice change from puke)

Ah, memories of a 2 am delivery9.gif ... Congratulations, Uncle Max!

I'll have a six pack of Leinenkuegals. I'm ready for a long pull, and it is Mardi Gras time. I came home last night, having sanded and oiled the oak Heresys for the second time yesterday, and once again my well meaning wife f'ed things up a little bit.

When she got home from work, she put her laptop and legal papers down on top of the first speaker. She noticed the cleaning rag, and took it out back to stick in the fire bucket, since rags soaked with linseed oil can spontaneously ignite(like I don't know that, of all people!) Along the way back in the house, she saw a second wet rag, picked it up, and threw it in the metal trash can already filled with cardboard.

When I got home, I was berated because I didn't tell her I had oiled the Heresys again. Legal papers are now oiled. First shoulder shrug. Noticed she had thrown the cleaning rag away, so went to fish it out of the downstairs trash. Based on the first episode, also grabbed a fire extinguisher and brought it upstairs. Also staged the garden water hose, as there was a lot of cardboard in the trash can. Second shoulder shrug. During dinner, the expected happened in the garage, so out we went. Colleen now knows how to approach a fire with four foot free flames, and also learned it is hard to extinguish a can fire with a CO2 extinguisher. Third shoulder shrug.

Next time we are oiling the speakers together6.gif

Sheltie,

You've got to be careful following a dangerous hobby like ours (audiophilia). Maybe it would be a good idea to take up something safer - skydiving or bungy-jumping perhaps. Audiophilia is for real men - prepared to take risks and live with the consequences!!

Otherwise - avoid linseed and use beeswax instead - I have never seen a Hive spontaneously combust!!

PS - I think I will join you in one of those beers...

Yea, Max, I hear you. Sometimes my workdays want me to take up wing walking for relaxation. Years of work have taught me that sometimes it is better for someone to learn a lesson by experiencing the consequences of their action, safety be damned(if you can control or mitigate the outcome.) That beer is tasty, thanks!

----------------

Lets call the Horns bar open again and drinks are on me....(makes a nice change from puke)

----------------

This could be an installment in the "you know you're getting old when"..

your favorite Friday watering hole is named

"Another day in maternity"

However, since a lot of us (certainly MY progeny, what WAS I thinking?!?) are the result of trips to watering holes... why not?

A double shot of Strega please! It's been a hard week! Been sick during the first hint of spring here in Kentucky. I feel better today but it's going to get colder and rain.

8.gif

I wanna go fishing.

Forrest

----------------

On 2/20/2004 10:57:17 AM maxg wrote:

You know you are getting old when you meet a 19 year old kid who is off to college who tells you, not only has he never heard vinyl - he has never seen it!!!

----------------

My son, 12 years old, saw my turntable and asked, what's that? I know how you feel, Max.

forrest

From what I can see being an uncle is rather a cool role. As an uncle you dont actually have to DO anything - not like being a Dad, which is exhausting, but fun.

I intend to do a lot of "sagely nodding from the corner" and sprinkle liberal with gentle sighs...

I will also handle buying the toys for birthdays and holidays - BOY'S TOYS - finally!! - Trains, planes, cars, guns, soldiers, bikes, Mechano (do they still do mechano?), electronics sets...

Much more fun than Dollies, toy household appliances, fake food, doll's dresses, my bloody little pony and Barbies castrati male friends...