anyone thinking of buying klipsch....

Is this compared to the 4.1/2.1, or the v.2-400?

I read that they were good speakers, but I also read at 3d soundsurge that the new klipsch will beat almost every speaker when it comes to midrange because its x-over is really low for a 3inch driver. I don't have a monsoon to compare with so tell me your opinion in a little more detail then just "Monsoon sounds better"

....... you guys probobly know I am a Klipscher to the bone, and I owna pair of Pro's 4.1's

I must say, the Monsoons sound better...

Finaly had a chance for a Side by side comparison

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

In direct comparisons the ProMedia 2.1 did come out ahead of the Monsoon MM-1000 in several respects at 3DSS, but this is not to say that everyone will prefer the ProMedia. While many like the up front and center Klipsch sound, a characteristic that is largely attributable to the horn loaded tweaters, others find it harsh and/or perceive overly exaggerated detail. My guess is that this is why the monsoons are frequently credited with better upper range when in fact they have significant rolloff in comparison to the ProMedias.

The ProMedias do have an exeptionally low sub-satellite crossover as multimedia systems go, and in this respect they behave as though the satellites have larger drivers. This enhances stereo separation and 3D effects, since the sub isn't supplementing the midrange nearly as much as other systems (and the Monsoons in particular). On the other hand, some may not like the resultant "dark" sound of the Pros, and although the Monsoons crossovers are rather high (especially the MM-700), the Monsoons are otherwise superior to all other multimedia speakers for 3D effects (the downside of which is you have a rather small sweet spot and significant sound quality degredation outside of it).

Two things to keep in mind as you compare are that the harshness of new speakers tends to mellow after an initial break in period, and the listening setting may give you a false impression of how the set will perform at home or in an office.

Whenever possible audition using material that you are familiar with, and try to make the conditions as similar as possible from one place to the next if you can't do a side by side comparison.

Direct comparisons between the ProMedia 4.1 and Monsoon MM-2000 are expected soon at 3DSS, so anyone on the fence may want to wait a little longer...

Have any of your heard the Videologic Sirocco Crossfires? That is what I have and they are the clearest speakers I've ever heard. I'm hoping to be able to find a place where I will be able to demo the Klipsch 5.1's to see there clearity. Don't forget that these are all solutions for the computer. You always can hook up any speaker system to your comp, my friend hooked up two 700w speakers to his, heh.

Ya, we use to have our Klipsch Heresys hooked up to the computer in the living room.

I realy want to hear a setup of the CrossFires...

------------------

Living Room:

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

I am now using a mm-2000 set, and I think I have to agree that the sound is clearer and more defined than my klipsch set (my klipsch set did have some static though). Anyways, an important thing to note is that the mm2000 is not underpowered - it has 340W total. The biggest differences are probably the crossover (b/c of the flat panel design the subs handle anything under 200hz) and the increased directionality of the flat panel sats.

Did I mention you can get them for $200 @ CompUSA? I would recommend them for anyone who wants klipsch-like sound at 66% the price and doesn't need a true 5.1 setup. Most reviews I've seen rate the monsoon mm2000 about the same as the 4.1s.

Jacob

If the Monsoons were out back when I got my v2-400's at christmas... I would have gotten them instead.

Thats me though.

Glad I didnt, I probobly wouldnt have ended up here, and in to speakers as much.

Thanks Klipsch.

Either its a good thing or a bad thing

I got a hobby which is good

Or I got a hobby that will wast all my money, not good.

Smile.gif

oh well

Smile.gif

------------------

Living Room:

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

DUDE...dont get any other speakers besides Klipsch...yeah Monsoon creativelabs or whatever might be alot cheaper bur you wont be as satisfied...Klipsch are the best speakers out for the computer...i wouldnt settle for anything else besides Klipsch.

Thanks,

Mike