Center Channel Voice Clarity

bonedoc

I think I have my system properly balanced but still have to turn up the volume to hear dialog clearly. I have a cheap receiver. Could this be the problem? It is a $200 Sony all in one home theater receiver. My center channel is a RC-35. If I crank it too high I might as well not have mains (heresy's). Would a new receiver or even preamp/amp combo fix this with its higher current ect. Thanks in advance.

The Sony is a problem. A better amp or receiver will help to some extent.

I suspect that the RC-35 is challenged to keep up with the Heresies. An Academy or another Heresy would probably work better for a center channel.

The only center channel that I like in the current Reference line is the RC-7. The voice of the Reference speakers will not match Klipsch Heritage speakers.

Bill

You might want to try a test CD that gives you tones for each speaker so you can balance the levels. Most movies are center channel heavy and you are hearing that. Get the level balanced and then pop in a movie that you have already tried and know the center is dominant and you will at least know if you have a real problem or not.

1 more thing no seems to have caught, the voice between the heresies and the 35's is very different, not to mention the difference in efficiency. spl meter will help a great deal but there will always be the voice differencei used to combine heritage and reference, and they never quite matched, especially the small 35, an rc 7 would be a better match for the heresies12.gif