Which sub now?

devlin24

Hi All,

Just went with the wife to look at some subs. She liked the RW-12 sound but hated how big it was (of course). Listend to the Definitive super cube 2 and loved that one and the earthquake supernova 10. My question is what do you guys think of both of these subs. Also how can the earthquake which has only 250 watts hold up agaisnt the super cube that has 1200?

Thanks

All subwoofers are built from compromises... and the wattage of the amp is only one of many factors which dictate the subs output power. Three interrelated main factors include efficiency , bass extension , and size... and improving one will negatively affect the other two. So many of the mini subs require much more power (loss of efficiency) to have similar output. Bigger amps and long excursion drivers also increases their cost versus performance ratio.

You could check out fabulousfrankie's Updated NOUSAINE subwoofer data list and you'll see what I mean about amp power having little to do with output. Definitive subs are on the list... but the Earthquake and RW12 have not been tested. I suspect the RW12 to be close in output to the KSW12.

I believe that the RW offers the better price/performance of the three.

Good luck...

Rob