Sealing Klipschorns in the corner

playntheblues

I am having a little trouble getting my khorns to seal in the corner. whether the walls aren't square or the carpet tips the speaker I'm not sure. But it makes for some boomy bass. My question is....Would acoustic foam (the kind that looks like egg crates) Place on the wall from the corner to the front of each side of the speaker and to the top of the LF cab. do the trick. I have some 4x8 sheets left over from sound proofing our music studio. Thanks, Guy

The answers are in the thread you must have ignored when you posted this one...right below! THe problem you are having can be cause by one or both of two things. Either it is the tack strips under the carpet along the walls in that corner, or it could be that the carpet pad got bunched up at those edges. Just pop the carpet loose in those corners. take out the tack strips there...since they won't be needed with the weight of the K-horns holding the carpet in place. You may find that you need to do other things...but this is my best guess.