Suggestions please

Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo... glad I could bring a little humor in your life... your posts have certainly added some interest to mine. Yes, indeed, the story is 100% accurate. I have been fortunate to have walked down many trails... and have a good memory for facts and a poor one for jokes, etc.

There are a lot of us, I suspect lurkers and posters alike, that admire your determination to get a good start on developing a "Klipsch ear." It is the kind of "purity" that fits the self-determined lass you seem to be. No stranger to ungodly work hours myself, I know that the clear relaxation of horns through the years has given me a greater respite in a shorter time which led to a greater productive capacity. As long as you chose to be a slave to your productive desires, it is nice to be able to choose the "whip."

cwm40.gif Thinking people are even more exciting than a Hope production line... thanks for being one. HornEd

........ And she use to think I was crazy.

Always thinking about, talking about speakers.. Spending time here.. Wanting Large Klipsch Speakers..

She's get mad at me, and say I was crazy..

NOW WHO'Z THE CRAZY ONE!! MUWAHAHAHAH

......... ok yea, stil me but..

Your getting there.

"We are Klipsch, great sound is inevitable"

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

Tom, you give some very good advice. I have no intention on going out and purchasing all the top-of the line equipment. 1) I don't have the money, 2) That'd be somewhat silly at this point I think. Just questions for future reference. I'm going to wait on the reciever anyways. When I do upgrade, I don't want to be one of those suckers that go into stores, ask what's good, and end up going home with Bose ("Ice cube trays" as DwK would say). I actually have enough to buy my RF3s off SoundDistributors.com, the only question is do I buy now, or later?

HornEd, I'm glad I sparked some interest, I'm into odd science, so I imagine there's more to come. You could say I'm self-determined in many ways; that would be accurate. When it comes to Klipsch, I'm just amazed. Eek.gif I've been a music lover for so long, I just had no idea that the sound I was hearing was so distorted until I did some comparisons. I've heard Fishers, Paradigms, etc. even the electrostatics DwK was talking about at one point (Martin Logans?). But the Klipsch sound is so full and clear- just what I want in a speaker. My horizons have been brightened I guess you could say. Smile.gif

And all I can say to DwK is that yeah ok, I've been asimilated into the Klipsch family or whatever, but you're still crazy... I'm not the one that wants to spend $25,000 on their system. No thanks. Besides, if that ever really does happen, I'll just come over and listen at your house for free! cwm4.gif

$25,000?? hahaha

thats nothing

i'm looking at around $100,000

Smile.gifcwm5.gif

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

I already have another post, "Heresey Opinions," but I'm not really sure this would make sence there. Before, I had been talking about liking the RF3s I heard at Hillcrest. I've kinda decided that they're kinda out of my budget, but I've come across some cheap Heresys and Heresy IIs. I would like to know if there is a big difference between the sound of the original and the Heresy IIs, and whether either of them would be a better deal than the RF3s. I was also wondering if someone could better explain the concept of passive speakers vs nonpassive (forgot other term). I have a general idea, but I was looking for more specific. I was told the RF3s are passive. Thanks.

Jo Jo,I found a pair of Heresy II's(1996)on ebay and got them for $500,even came with a pair of SW 8 II subs.All for 500.Got lucky,he was 2 1/2 hours from me,but had to come my way.I only had to drive 3 miles out of my way from work.

These deals can be had and if you look at every site and keep looking,you'll find them.

Sorry got off topic.

To me the II's don't quite sound the same,but I like em more than RF-3's.If you can find I's go for it,II's them too.You can't go wrong with either one,but that's just my opinion.Now if you find a pair of Cornwalls,JUMP!cwm35.gif

------------------

Main HT:'77 Klipschorns w/ALKs,

'75 Heresy center,modified with,K-Horn sqauwker & AA network.

KSP-S6 at sides

2 KSP-S6's rear.

Denon AVR-3801

2 Denon POA-2800 200X2

1 driving the Horns

1 driving the bi-wired Heresy center.

2 DIY 12"4ohm subs,Carver A500x 400 watts per ch.feed.

1 12" powered sub(behind the couch)feed from the surrounds pre-outs.

Sony DVP-C650D.

Dishnetwork Echostar 4700 w/DD

JVC S7600U S-VHS

Pioneer CDL-D501 laser

Music in "Direct"only!

DH Labs T-14 speaker wire to the front 3.

Room size;15.5 X 25' opening into dining room.

Old RCA 52"RPTV w/matching cabinets

Bed room HT:

KSB 2.1 mains,SC-1,SS-1's,2 SW 8 II subs.

2 Heresy's for music.

Denon AVR-2800,

Dishnetwork,Sony SLV-975HF VCR,Panasonic DVD-RV31.

27"RCA