Yamaha RX-V1400 + Klipsch speakers setup

Slingky

I did my homeworks and choose the Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver.

I want to couple it with this speakers setup :

2x Klipsch RF-25

2x Klipsch RS-25

1x Klipsch RC-25

1x Klipsch RW-10

I know, lots of you will advice : "too bright" yamaha + klipsch...but i'm willing to give it a try !

I only want to know if it will do the job !!!

I will use the system like (90% HT, 10% music)

the room floor is in wood slats, living room is about 15x15 but main floor is wide open...so current basement is like 22x28.... and since i'm newbie, i don't even have an idea how the sound will react in that space !

I want bass and for sure LOUD speakers...

I don't think i will notice all you, experts will notice, cause i'm a complete newbie to HT...just to let you know i bought a HT in a box package from samsung and it's pure crap...you can laugh...fore sure.

P.S. forgot to mention that i mainly watch movies with french tracks which are only 2.0 surround...

and i will just have a 5.1 setup with the RX-V1400 amp.

hope some feeback soon.

Thanks.

i understand... it's like 200cdn$ more.

but is the rw-10 ok ??? i don't want to ear it slap!

and what about rs-25? only 75watts per channel while all others are 125...

would i need rs-35 instead or it's waste since they are just surround and i listen lots of 2.0 surround ?

thanks again.

Try as hard as you can to squeeze for bigger sub 9.gif . As you said u want basssssssss then you knew the way to go 9.gif . I'd recommend you get the ref 25 first, then wait until you have money to grab a great sub. RF does produce enough bass for the moment until you get the monster to destroy some glassware in your house 9.gif .

Yesterday night I didn't figure out the sub was off because my RB-5 gave many bass to the music, whoa wait I've bookshelf speakers not floorstanding 11.gif

Don't worry about the RS-25 don't pace up with the ref 25 series. As long as you don't push them hard they will be identical(Klipsch are efficient enough, RS-25 rated as 96db@1watt. I don't even use 1watt for any of my speakers 3.gif