two different size subwoofer

RAPTORMAN

I NEED HELP WITH MORE PUNCH--- I HAVE A KSW 15 AT PRESENT. I AM PLANNING ON GETTING A SECOND SUBWOOFER. WOULD IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF I GET A DIFFERENT SIZE-- LET SAY A 12" OR MAY 18"????

HOW SHOULD I PLACE THEM?? MY SYSTEM ARE AS FOLLOWS: ONKYO 701, 1990 KLIPSCHORN FRONTS, PAIR HERESY II FOR CENTER, PAIR OF HERESY II FOR SORROUND AND PAIR OF HERESY II FOR REAR SORROUND.

RAPTORMAN

the size between the subs doesn't make a difference, you'll just want to make sure you get the crossovers set right. whats going to give you the most trouble is room placement. they should be placed close together, or even stacked, or the wave lengths could cancel eachother out. usually the ideal is to have both in the same corner.

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 3/14/2004 5:53:48 PM roscoedawg wrote:

I have an LF-10 and a KSW-15 in opposite corners and they sound great. I don't understand the "cancelling each other out" statement. Could someone expand on that for me? I find both of mine compliment each other.

----------------

Sometimes they wil have destructive interference if they produce the same frequency(which is known as cancelling the bass). However it barely occurs snice the wavelength is huge for these low frequnecies. But it still could be happened(well different things plus different environment make huge variety 9.gif ) If you feel you have no bass in your listening spot, try to turn it to 180 phase and try it again(don't turn both to 180 or it'll just the same thing as both 0)

Replying to the original......... perhaps just pick some sub like RW 10 or 12 or some SVS subs. People keep saying that KSW 12 isn't good enough at all.....