sws gone

fordguy

Well, I dont have PM 5.1. My idea was to get a separate SWS sub plus a pair of RSX-4s. As far as i know SWS comes with the volume control console and has 6 channel in/out. So, on the surface, it looks like it should work fine, but i was not totally sure if i really can control RSX-4s plugged into SWS.

6 channel pass thu, it does not power anything other then itself, the pm 2.1 has 3 amp's, one for the sub and one for each channel. the sws only has one amp for the sub. You would need a reciever to do what you are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never personally owned an SWS, but from observation I can tell it's a good product. A simple but highly efficient design that delivers good performance at (what used to be just now) an affordable price. If they improved this AND marketed it, I think Klipsch would do a good business.

Improvements I'm thinking about:

1) Larger enclosure, better amp, bigger woofer. Make it louder, tighter, and deeper!

2) More connections. Maybe people can hook this up to their stereos as a budget subwoofer.

• Moderators

The question has never been quality, sound, or even marketing... The question has always been what will the consumer pay for such a product? We could not continue at the special $99 price point and support the project, which is the only price point that customers seemed to accept.

bring back the sws or get something new i think i hard hitting sub like a rsw-10 1000 watt's 3.gif with the auto on like the sws would be nice i would pay what a rsw-10 cost that way people did not have to buy 5 sws just one hard hitting sub like that would do it so pay that big price one time would not be bad for me i would pay it in a min even if it was not 1000 watts just more so u did not have to buy so many sws i wanted to hook a rsw-10 to my sys but i think it would over power the 5.1 sub so many be a little more power more bass in a new sws i would pay any price i have 5 of them now real nice but it would be nice to get all that power out of the sub that come with the 5.1 & a add in sub like a updated sws 3.gif