51 khorn( new to me) arived today

khorn58

The 51 khorn I won on ebay arived today.

This has to be the bbest paking job i have ever seen for a speaker the box it came in was 4 x biger than the khorn and then strap to a palet the horn have 2 to 4 feet of pading all around it.After unpacking the khorn I had a dumpster worth of packing to through out it .

The first thing I did after unpacking was to return the crossover to it orig postion and undo the bell phone wire they had conecting the the top ends to the crossover.

I open the bass driver door and found a mint early Stevens trusonic with the u shape exsposed magnet on the back.

After opening up the top end I found they had change the twetter to a early Jennsen Gold Bullet twetter.

Will have to put a early t35 on it or find a orig tweeter(A university ).

My other 51 (I founf right on this Forum last year) is only 15 units newer built about a 4 weeks later.

It uses the same crosover and horns ect. but the bass driver is a early Jensen. I wonder if klipsch used both in 51?

Cant wait to hear the two speaker together.

In reply to Jensen tweeter...... Yes I seen several (3) Jensen bullet tweeters used on Khorns befor EV T35. In St Louis. I dont know if they were special ordered that way or experimental. If they sound good that way keep them. I believe they were from Jensen 610 era...If you dont like them Ide be interested (if working)

I kind like the gold Jensens tweeter it is real cool looking and it works and sounds fine.I will proubly replace it with a t35 in both units until i find a second one.

I wonder what the specs on it are.

So if anyone has a old gold Jensen or university tweeter lying around let me know.