Velodyne or boston

firefighter

I pretty much have to deal with Tweeter on this issue because of the speaker trade up option, I currently have the Boston pv600 and it doesn't work well enough with the LaSala fronts, I paid $299 and can get that credit at the store on another sub, I originally wanted the Velodyne cht15 but Circut City sells that model and Tweeter wont order it for me so I have to settle for something else that Tweeter sells. $600 is where I want to be on the upgrade so it appears to be the Velodyne dls 4000b or the Boston pv900. Any opinions on these sub or other subs that Tweeter may sell would be very helpfull.

Thanks.

LaScalas are very efficient speakers which unfortunately roll off pretty early so they benefit from a good sub. Obviously one of the critical items here is at which volume will you be using your system? Most subs do pretty well until your try pushing them... and if you expect you new sub to keep up with your mains, its got its work cut out for it.

When I upgraded from Heresys to Cornwalls, their added efficiency made my old sub run out of steam, even though its quality was adequate.

Unfortunately I havent auditioned either one of those subs, so I cant really comment which would be better... but your budget probably wont get you a sub on par with your mains.

Just a thought

Rob