Anyone want a Laptop?

Rdmarsiii

The KG4.2 shipped for $250 is a great price.

The Heresey will likely hold it's value better than either the KG4.2 or the Infinities, if you decide you want to move up to something else later.

The KG4.2 and the Heresey will sound much more alike that either will resemble the Infinity. If you've heard and liked Hereseys, I'd be leary of the the Infinity unless you've heard it also and liked it.

What are you driving them with? The Heresey will require the least power to play loudly. The Heresey will be most revealing of any shortcomings in the amp / preamp / receiver end of things. Cheap electronics will sound worse on Heresey than on the others. Good electronics will result in a greater improvement on the Heresey than on the others.

As your budget and interests expand, Heresy is probably more scaleable than the others.

Infinity Entra 3 needs the most power (91dB) - you probably need at least twice as much as you would with KG4.2, and a *LOT* more than Hereseys. If looks are a factor (family), the Infinity looks a lot more like what most people (non-"audiophile" people) want a speaker to look like than the Heresey or KG4.2. It's much more "modern" looking that the drivers-in-a-wooden-box Klipsch.

I, and probably most people in the forum, wouldn't hesitate for a moment to go with the Heresey, but then that's why we're here on this forum...

In any case, all three are good speakers.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to buy Dave's Heresy's. I talked to my Dad and he will take me half way to get them. So if its alright with Dave, I will have them on next Sunday. I just need something to power them because my Aiwa with the Bi amp thing wont work, i dont think...

Im counting down the minutes! I just got through with part one of rearranging my room. Moved my computer desk on the other wall of my room. Now I gotta move my entertainment center and my bed. Sounds like fun, huh? Now I gotta find a new corner to put my PM 4.1 sub...

----------------

On 3/9/2004 8:33:46 AM Rdmarsiii wrote:

5 more days left! Im gonna go ahead and get everything wired up so when I get hom on Sunday, all I gotta do it hook up the speakers.

----------------

You think you're getting impatient...

You're sounding a bit like Ed Grimley!

(that's a good thing2.gif )

Well, school went by slow. Tomorrow it wont be as slow because we wont have to take those stupid state-wide tests. Should I still use my cd changer? It has broken 3 cds... My DSOTM, hootie and the blowfish, and Lord of the Dance... It wont break them if I dont turn it off, but if I leave it on it smells like burnt plastic. Thanks!

Well, Im not gonna do that if there is a way to fix it. Plus, its my only cd player right now, so I cant really afford to throw it out. Day... almost... over.... Oh, whats the use? Its not going to make the day go by any faster... I seriously got issues.