New Home Theater System

bcmiller

I'm in the process of purchasing a new home theater system for my new house that is under construction.

These are the speakers that I was planning on buying...

Fronts: Pair of RB15

Rears: Pair of RCR3

Middle: Pair of RCR3

Center: RC25

Subwoofer: RW10

I am also planning on placing HS-1 out by the pool....

Couple of questions....

1) Is this better than average setup for Home Theater System? Is it the right setup for someont that spends 75% movies, and 25% music?

2) What receiver would you recommend to get the most out of this 7.1 speaker selection?

Thanks in advance....

BC,

Welcome to the Klipsch madness!.........IF you can afford it, I recommend that you purchase RF 35's

and a RC 7 . Go with the best YOU can afford. Also look at the RW 12........ this will keep you from getting UPGRADEITES..........

Receivers anything by Denon, HK, Pioneer are well liked here!.........it is bascially what you want to spend, and what is comfortable for you to use! ........ Good luck and post pic's when you get it all set up!

I'm in the process of purchasing a new home theater system for my new house that is under construction.

Couple of questions....

1) Is this better than average setup for Home Theater System? Is it the right setup for someont that spends 75% movies, and 25% music?

2) What receiver would you recommend to get the most out of this 7.1 speaker selection?

Thanks in advance....

1. Way better than my setup. [:(]

2. In my opinion I would recommend onkyo, harman kardon, and Denon for receivers.

Couple of questions....

1)

Is this better than average setup for Home Theater System? Is it the

right setup for someont that spends 75% movies, and 25% music?

Thanks in advance....

Just substitute a pair of RB-25s for the RB-15s... and perhaps a different sub is in order.

Your center channel carries around 75% of the sound in a home theater. Get the best center channel that you can afford, as upgraditis is less likely to get you. The RC-35 is a better center.

For a receiver, take a look at the Pioneer VSX-1015TX-K on the onecall.com site. It is a lot of receiver for the money.

The RW-12 or Sub-12 both will give you the bass thump that you want for action movies. The RW-10 is not enough sub for most folks.

Bill