Reel to Reel Anyone?

Penguin,

Here are a couple of posts that you may be interested in. The guy at Oak Tree Enterprises and the guy at fieldengineer occaisionally have units for sale that they have refurbished. I think either is a way way betterr place to be looking than ebay - particularly with such a quirky not to metion heavy! purchase. Its one thing to get a good deal on what turns out to be boat anchor, but if it costs you 85 bucks to have it shipped that really s**ks.

Josh

http://www.oaktreeent.com/Stereo_Cassette_and_Reel-Reels.htm

http://www.fieldengineer.homestead.com/

http://www.daeinconline.com/

Mark,

I'll see how the auction goes. I won't go nuts, but if the price is not overly high, I'll go for it. If not, I'll sit back awhile and do some more studying.... Brad

----------------

On 3/8/2004 10:54:43 PM tubeglow wrote:

Brad, this was exactly the type of unit I was refering to in my first post. It says it has been serviced, find out when...it's got a warranty...find out what. These units were not cheap...they cost as much as Khorns in their day...people that bought them were serious about their equiptment and generally did not abuse them... at a 599.00 BIN, i'd say,...go for the gusto. Mark.

----------------

Thanks for the links Josh. I'll do some more looking around. That Teac on eBay sure looks sweet, but I'm not going to go as deep as the buy now price.

----------------

On 3/8/2004 11:09:23 PM joshnich wrote:

Penguin,

Here are a couple of posts that you may be interested in. The guy at Oak Tree Enterprises and the guy at fieldengineer occaisionally have units for sale that they have refurbished. I think either is a way way betterr place to be looking than ebay - particularly with such a quirky not to metion heavy! purchase. Its one thing to get a good deal on what turns out to be boat anchor, but if it costs you 85 bucks to have it shipped that really s**ks.

Josh

----------------

Brad,

I think you can lay low and try to snipe at a good price; it's a buyer's market. I was just trying to say that this was a great deck, serviced and warranted, which is important to me....these things are great values in the context of so much that has happened in the vintage audio world in the last 5 years. Best of wishes and good luck. Mark