Speaker jumper for RF25

koala

Hi,

Just bought the RF25 floor stand speaker and would like to replace the copper plate with jumper for bi-wired.

Just wonder which jumper is best for the RF25? Is Taralabs a good choice? I'm using Zu Julian speaker cable. Listen mainly Jazz music.

Thanks.

Thank you all.

I'm actually in HongKong. The speaker will be delivered on this Friday (can't wait. :P)

I cannot use my existing cable because it's a factory terminated Zu cable and don't want to muck around with it. I don't think I will run Bi-wire as such. What I'm currently using is I made myself a tweeter run separately from my existing speaker and a separate speaker wire from my amp (Mcintosh 7150, so not bi-wired). If you treat the speaker set (floor stand + separate tweeeter) as one speaker system, yes it is a bi-wired setup.

With the RF25, I'm still planning to use my tweeter so I think I won't really bi-wired the RF25 and just use a jumper instead. Now I cannot use my Zu because I won't cut it.

Maybe I will DIY a jumper myself instead of buying one, it certainly cheapers. I saw one Mixture of copper & silver speaker cable named :Delta something, made in Canada, maybe I get 1 ft will do for both speaker.

But then maybe get one ready made is also good..humm.

So is Klipsch popular in France & Italy? In HK is not very popular, not because of it's sound but there are lots of choices to choose from and horn speaker is not everyone's cup of tea. I actually audited quite a number of speaker b4 I hammered the RF25 like JMLab 716/726/826, KEF Q7, Mission 74(??) & some China made fl. stand speaker and I found RF25 is the best overall in all type of music. JMLab is very good with vocal. I short listed b./n JMLab 726 & RF25 and took me a while to decide on RF25, hope I made a good choice. :P

hi,

in Italy klipsch is not so popular, and i think it will not be

for a long time, first because of the

price that is oltrageus (for one RF-7 a shop asked 2300 euro!!!)

more than 2 time US price.

second there are few shop that sell klipsch.

for your sistem, i' m not so expert, but i think to use another tweeter,

together with your klipsch will not be so good idea, i think they will sound different and you will ear this difference...

if you want more yo can go onb RF-5 or RF-7,

the tweeter of RF-7 for me is a lot more better also than RF-5.

The use of an addition tweeter was to compensate my KEF Coda 10 so I'm not sure just yet whether I will continue use it or just store it somewhere. I'm really new to horn speaker so not sure what to expect but as far as I know from the audio shop, I liked it, I found it even better than JMLab826 in some regard but lot cheaper. Unfortunately my flat can only allow me to get RF25 at most due to the size of my listening room. Can't wait till tomorrow when it arrives. :P

Will let you guys know my first impression at home.

BTW, here is my little system. www.con-zept.com/hifi

I actually replaced the Mogami cable with Taralabs Air 1 & RSC Prime 1000 and I must say I'm impressed with it.

Cheers.

Ray2.gif

I think you'll find the RF horn very open and smooth, and without the "megaphone" artifact. In fact, even larger horns, that do have this problem -- the sound is so realistic and musical, the ears adjust rather quickly -- and after a time it's not even noticeable. After a period of time with horns, other speakers (almost regardless of price), sound very flat and lifeless.

Enjoy the RF-25's as they are -- with the horn/tweeter. The network inside the RF-25 has been designed to work in conjunction with the drivers chosen. Replacing the tweeter without making some necessary crossover changes is just going to degrade performance substantially.

As far as the jumpers go, simple use two pieces of bare stranded oxygen free copper. Removing the gold plated jumpers, only to use jumpers terminated with gold spades or bananas is kind of pointless. Remember, the best connector is no connector. None of my cable is terminated -- bare copper only.

• 1 month later...