Sub for this setup?

space_cowboy

Thinking about doing something kinda crazy. Looking at the RCX-4/RSX-5 combo for a new HT setup. The room size is approx. 15x24x8-16. I don't have the luxury of simulating Stonehenge in my living area like some of you.10.gif So, for the sub, I know the RW-10 is packaged as part of a "Cinema 10" deal but don't know about that one. To be honest, I have probably never really heard a real sub, my current Yamaha is a joke, and the JBL is not really a sub (plays loud, but doesn't go deep at all and also is big as refrigerator). This would be for movies only, and not very often at that. So for around $600 I've considered two SVS models and will be going to a local Klipsch dealer to see what kinda deal he will offer on some kind of combo package. If any of this made sense, replies are welcome. Thanks

I've heard great things about the RW-12. I hear its a big upgrade from the RW-10, and you might beable to get a good deal for it if you buy the Ref sattelites from the same place. Also, the PB1 and Pci 25-31 are great choices from SVS. They are pretty close to the same thing, just one is tube the other is cube. I have the tube and it sounds amazing. I dont know how I used to enjoy music without it.

I own the RW12, and it definately deserves a look. You should be able to get a discount off the msrp. I honestly haven't heard the svs subs, but I would really like to as everyone here seems to have a pretty high opinion of them. Check out the RW12 though, I am very pleased with its performance.