suggest stands for Fortes IIs

mandi

I have these as surrounds pointed towards the middle of the room. I have read where you need to get your surrounds elevated some. How much should they be elevated and does anyone have any suggestions? After writing this I am going to get a couple of milk crates to set them on and see how much difference I notice.

Mandi-

How high do you want them? I have my Forte IIs on the floor, no stands, and they sound fine. If there is furniture in the way in your situation, then that may make a difference. At any rate, you will probably want some sort of solid stand, so the speaker remains coupled to the floor. I know lots of folks use sand or shot-filled stands with good success.

I'm using Forte II's as surrounds on 12" speaker stands (Oak). The stands work great. I tried having them pointed to the center of the room and found much better results having them on the sides of the room pointed towards the listening area.