KSW-300 - How to set low pass/high pass. Help needed!!

Hi all

This is the list of equipment i m using:

KLF 30 (Main)

KLF C7 (Center)

RF-3 (Surrounds)

RC-3II (Rear Center)

KSW-300 (Sub)

Yamaha DSP AZ1

My ksw-300 is connected to my amp via the LFE jack. From the speaker settings in the amp, bass control is set to BOTH.

How should i set the following on my ksw-300:

1) Phase - 0 or 180?

2) High pass switch - 40 khz or 80 khz?

3) Low pass control - Where between 40khz to 120khz?

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated fellas.

Thanks a million

KSW-300? There's no such model. I think you mean either the KSW-10, 12, or 15. If your reciever allready does the filtering for the crossover for you, there is no need to have the subs filter on as well. If your reciever doesnt filter though, just set the subs low pass (by the way its hz, not khz) to whatever you feel sounds best. I currently have mine at around 80-85hz. I hope this wasnt too confusing and helped.

Belive it or not, there was a KSW-300. The other subs that went with it are the KSW-50,100,150,and 200,. I myself have the 100. The KSW-10,12 and 15 are updated versions of the these. The KSW-50 and 100 had 8 inch woofers. The 150 had a 10 inch, the 200 had a 12 and the 300 had a 15 inch woofer. I had my KSW-100 since 1997. Anyway I would suggest playing with the settings. For the Phase switch, set it to the one that sounds loudest. The High pass switch is for the RCA inputs and outputs. The Lowpass control is for the woofer it self. For the low pass, start at 40 and keep going higher and highter until it sounds right to you. KSW subs tend to get boomy when cut to high. Hope this helps the both you.

CD